Sep 23, 2014: Autumn is the season for long walks in the park, soft cashmere knits and cosy evenings tucked under the duvet. With every change of season comes a new set of hair care rules. Now is the perfect time to repair the hair damage occurred during the care-free summer months and bring back the shine and gloss to our tired tresses. So here are the top 5 hair tips to fight back the dullness the frizz and the split ends from the hot summer days.
1. Add A Deep Conditioner To Your Hair Regime: Deep conditioning your locks is very important to help recover from the sun excesses and to prep your hair for the autumn and winter months. Opting for a sheer butter conditioning treatment.
2. Get A Healthy Trim.: When our ends are dry and split there is no miraculous product that will restore them to health aside from getting them trimmed. A haircut in time works wonders and will help your tresses grow stronger.
3. Remove Build-Up: Weeks of heavy beach days usually involve hairsprays, mousses, chlorine and salty water which can leave build up on your hair, causing it to look dull, limp or heavy. Take advantage of the calmer months ahead to cleanse your hair by using a clarifying shampoo that will restore the shine and cleanliness to your tresses.
4. Go For Protective Styling: Opt for low-maintenance hairstyles that require little manipulation and which can work on natural or relaxed hair to give your tresses a well deserved break and prevent further breakage and dullness.
5. Keep Wool Scarves And Rough Jacket Collars Away From Your Hair: During the colder months it’s important to pay attention to the fabrics used in scarves, coats and hats, as having our tresses brush against rough fabrics can damage the hair’s surface, deplete it of its natural moisture and lead to frizz and breakage. Go for easy up-dos and chignons to avoid friction with the warmer clothes.